Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Book Review: "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" by Seth Grahame-Smith

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is, by far, one of the most amazing books I have ever read. A break from the increasingly popular and utterly annoying teenage Vampire novels, Grahame-Smith takes the history of the United States of America, and adds both a unique and incredibly interesting twist: Vampires.

Before deciding to read this book, I kept avoiding it because of the want-to-be authors that keep publishing crappy Vampire novels. I expected to find a loosely put together written novel whose sole benefit was to bring in money. A friend convinced me to give this book a chance; I could not put it done and finished in a few short hours.

The execution of this novel was flawless. Grahame-Smith brilliantly intertwines our history with the story of Early American Vampires. My father taught me a lot about Lincoln growing up, but at times, I would forget that this was a work of fiction. The book is written in such a way that you think the reason you exist today is because of a notorious Vampire Hunter, Abraham Lincoln. With pictures throughout the book to act as "supporting evidence," Grahame-Smith should be highly commended for this literary masterpiece.

If you are looking for a great thrill ride, definitely pick yourself up a copy of Seth Grahame-Smith's Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment