Monday, August 9, 2010

Next to Normal

I don't usually tell people to see a certain musical or a play because I would hate to see them spend X amount of dollars on tickets and then not like the show. HOWEVER, this past Saturday, my Aunt took me to see the Broadway musical, Next to Normal.

Next to Normal was, by far, one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. It's score is incredible, with a hint of rock that keeps you at the edge of your seat throughout the entire show. Not only does the cast captivate you with their incredible voices, the simplicity and the complexity of the set allows your imagination to grow and relate the show to your own life. I cannot allow myself to offer a summary of this musical for you, because I would hate to accidentally include any spoilers, but I strongly suggest anybody who reads this post to see this show.

This musical touched my heart in so many ways, and I was able to relate to so many of the characters. The story is intriguing, the music keeps you singing, and the actors drawn you in. I am including a link to the soundtrack. If you can't afford to see the show, at least spend a few dollars on the soundtrack. You will not regret it.

To leave off with my favorite quote from the show, "Give me pain if that's what's real, it's the price we pay to feel. The price we pay to love is loss, yet still we pay, we love anyway."


No comments:

Post a Comment